Wednesday 18 April 2018

David Robert Jones Part Four

David Bowie - Welcome to the Blackout (Live London '78)
This previously unreleased 3xLP set was recorded live at Earls Court, London on the 30th June and 1st July, 1978.
Easily the pick of this years Warners Bowie RSD releases.


I was there Guv:
Here I am outside Earls Court.
(Eagle eyed NME aficionados may spot a Lone Groover T-Shirt.)

And here we are inside, me clutching my naughty Dollars in Drag LP, bought from an enterprising seller outside.

And here is my Isolar 2 programme.


3 comments:

  1. Loving the updates and especially the Earls Court 78 pics. Hope you still have Dollars in Drag? TAKRL labels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep still have it...was gutted at the time that I couldn't afford the copy of "His Masters Voice" (the Hammersmith Ziggy farewell gig) that he was flogging as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet - probably the best £7 you never spent!

    ReplyDelete